Do you want to know how to make your very own Apple podcast? If you do, you’ve come to the right place, because this guide is for you!
Apple Podcasts is a popular app that benefits both podcasters and listeners. Podcasters can use the app as a channel to distribute their content, while listeners can use it as a means to listen to all of their favorite podcasts on their iPhones and discover new ones.
There are about 450,000 active podcasts currently listed on the platform. So, let’s get into how to start an Apple podcast to get your content out there.
What you need to start an Apple podcast
Before you start the process of listing your podcast on Apple, you should have a few things ready. Here’s what you’ll need.
- At least one recorded episode of your podcast.
- Your podcast’s details including the title, description, cover art, and transcript.
- RSS feed URL.
- An Apple ID.
- An active credit card.
Though you only need one episode ready to get started on Apple, it’s highly recommended to have more on deck. And don’t worry about needing an active credit card, signing up for Apple Podcasts is free. Apple just needs the credit card info on file to validate your account.
How to start an Apple podcast
Once you have all the requirements ready, take the following steps to get your show listed on Apple.
- Head to Apple Podcast Connect and sign in with your Apple ID.
- Near the top left corner of your screen, you’ll see the word “Podcasts” with a plus sign next to it. Click on the plus sign.
- A window will appear with two options. Select New Show.
- You will then be prompted to choose a Show Type. Select Add a Show with an RSS feed.
- In the next window, paste your podcast’s RSS Feed URL into the designated box and click Add.
- Apple Podcasts will then pull your podcast’s information from the podcast host. This may take a few minutes to complete.
- Make sure all the information displayed is correct, then click on Submit for Review.
Once that’s all done, the only thing that’s left is to wait for Apple to finish reviewing your submission. It usually takes a few days to complete. Take note that you only need to go through this process once.
And that’s our guide on how to start an Apple podcast. If you’re having trouble accessing the Apple Podcasts app, have a look at how to fix its downloading and connection issues.